Park Avenue Armory
The Armory was built by the first volunteer militia to respond to President Lincoln’s call for troops in 1861. The Armory was built not only as a military facility but also as a social club. Some of the most prominent designers of the time were involved with the design of the Reception rooms on the first floor and the Company Rooms on the second floor including Louis Comfort Tiffany and Stanford White.
During recent restoration work, Chris was involved with the development of the overall fire/life safety strategy for this historic Armory. Work included building code reviews and integrating egress, detection/alarm systems, suppression systems, firefighting and other systems into the strategy. Hazard assessments, smoke management and evacuation studies were undertaken with timed egress analyses for the Drill Hall.